Friday, August 7, 2009

ZION

"Morning Light-Zion Canyon" 11 x 14, Oil on Panel

Immediately after Mt Shasta, I went to Colorado, to visit family and stopped at Zion National Park for 4 days to
paint. It was hot, but stunningly beautiful, and I was able to get 6 paintings out of the experience.

"Last Light On Zion Cliffs"
11 X 14, Oil on panel


One day my husband and I stumbled upon, Maynard Dixon’s summer home, and got to visit his house, and studio, and the marker where his ashes had been scattered. I’ve always loved Dixon’s work, and it was a thrill to be in his studio space and view some of his work, along with other plein air painters of his day, and some of the best of contemporary plein air pieces as well.
His home is now a foundation, which allows artists to stay and paint for several days at his property and surrounding regions. I and some artist friends are discussing such a trip for ourselves.

No comments: