Thursday, February 4, 2010

SPRING PLANS FOR TRAVEL AND PAINTING

This coming April I will be traveling to the Central and Southern coast of California to paint and photograph. Beginning as far south as San Juan Capistrano, in the early part of April, I will paint at the mission for a couple of days. Then, having made a wonderful contact in Palos Verdes through my daily painter's blog, I will take several days to explore, photograph and paint the local Land Trust, and other undeveloped areas of the region.

Moving north, on April 18th, I will be joining other artists taking part in the California Art Club Land Preservation Paint-out on the Central Coast of California (near San Luis Obispo) Once again this will be an opportunity for me to paint en plein air, some of the natural lands of California not normally open to the public. The paint-out is sponsored by the Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County, and the San Luis Obispo Art Center.

Moving north from there I will be spending the last part of the month in the Monterey/Carmel region of Coastal California. Hopefully, contacts made through my daily painter's blog will once again open up some new parts of this region that I have not yet visited, nor painted.

Since a couple of my goals for the year were to paint at more land trusts, and paint more of California's beautiful coastline, this April is shaping up to provide me the opportunity to do both.

No comments: