Friday, January 2, 2015

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS

I'm starting out 2015 participating in a challenge issued by Pasadena artist, Leslie Saeta.  The goal is to paint 30 paintings in 30 days.    I thought it would be great for me to hone my plein air skills in preparation for a month long painting trip this coming March.

My personal goal for this challenge is to paint from life, each day, on a 11 x 14 panel.  In the process of painting, my goal is to complete a painting in 3 hours or under.  Allowing myself only 3 hours will force me to see, and paint the most important elements of the scene, composition, light, color, without worrying about the fine details.  Since it is Winter, I expect that I won't always be able to paint outside.  In that case I will paint still lifes, or possibly figures, posed indoors. 

Day 1 painting, January 1, 2015 is:  "Receding Tide-Humboldt Bay"
 To buy, click here.

No comments: