Friday, January 9, 2015

#8 in the 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS Challenge

Today I painted again at the Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge. But the painting took an interesting turn in the process.

About 1/3 of the way through the painting, (my sky was looking particularly nice),  I kicked one of the legs of my tripod when I stepped back to look at the painting, and it all fell on the ground.  Nothing broke, but all the mineral spirits spilled on the surface of the painted canvas and ruined the work so far.  So Lemons to Lemonade, right.  I refilled my little medium bucket, and decided I needed to try again.  I wiped off the mess, but this time I decided to use pallet knives, since I still wanted to finish it in the 3 hours I've been giving myself for these daily paintings.  It was fun spreading lots of paint on with the knives, and I did get it done in 3 hours. 
"Wildlife Refuge Winter Pond"  11 x 14,  oil on canvas panel. CLICK here to buy.

No comments: