Friday, February 13, 2015

EXHIBITION OF 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS

For our monthly (Feb) Arts Alive I hung the paintings I completed during the 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS Challenge during the month of January.  I chose to do all my paintings from life, on 11 x 14 panels, each one to be completed within 3 hours.

 Committing to the challenge seemed a good way for  me to get a daily painting work out in preparation for a month long painting trip in March with 4 other local artists.   But completing a painting a day was a challenging commitment.  I'm a fairly fast painter, but getting to a location, setting up, painting, getting back to my studio, photographing the painting, putting it online (on 4 sites basically took a full day of work 7 days a week.

In spite of the demanding pace, the challenge was well worth doing.  It definitely kept me focused on my work. Helped me let go of some of my perfectionist tendencies. And each day brought the excitement of painting something new, either a landscape outdoors or a still life indoors when the weather was inclement.  Ultimately the challenge has been a great opportunity to continue developing my skills and working daily at something I love.

No comments: